Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Teacher Resources


Looking back on this semester I started wondering where on earth I was going to find all the materials I needed in order to teach math. We had to do a project as well that involved making an interactive map that would teach a chapter we had learned. I decided to do my map on the basics of whole numbers, but what I learned was in no way basic.

There are so many resources right at the touch of a button available for us today. I now realize that many great worksheets were already created and could save a teacher valuable time. One site in particular carried great information, http://www.proteacher.net. This website is a collaboration of teachers who have questions, information, papers, games, and more to share with each other. To give you an example, I was looking for information on working with number sets. I could not find this information anywhere on the internet- but then remembered this site. I typed in basic wording and came up with 3 forums. One includes a great worksheet from a teacher who used it in her own classroom (Here is a similar link to the one I found http://amazingworksheets.blogspot.com/2009/02/count-and-match-ladybug-1.html).

I am so impressed with all the wealth of information out there for teachers that I am now feeling quite confident I will have all the materials needed, plus some! Additionally, using an interactive map gave me an area to link all of this information to without overwhelming my computer. This map saves the information directly onto it and allows the user to easily access it anywhere with internet availability and a computer. The specific map we used was by http://www.mindomo.com/#editor, but there are many out there for use. I can't wait to get my teaching career going, and now I have confidence in knowing that I have access not only to great materials, but great people as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment